I’ve been feeling pretty good lately. I think there are several reasons for this.
- I’ve attended two Support Group meetings and it makes all the difference in the world to be able to sit with other cancer survivors and talk about what’s bothering us. We’re patient with each other and everyone has a different story to tell. I didn’t go this week because it was Husband’s birthday and I wanted to make him dinner. But that’s how it works. People come and go as needed.
- Spring is here. Even April snow showers haven’t defeated it. Last weekend was beautiful. The birds are chirping. Flowers are blooming. The ice cream truck comes around. It’s wonderful. A couple weeks ago I went on an impromptu walk with Bestie. Last Friday it was in the 70s and I spent the evening sharing margaritas and pizza with a good friend on their deck. We stayed out even after dark with the help of her gas fire pit. (Although it’s a little nippy when that sun goes down.)
- I booked a flight to visit the kids in Arizona. I’ve been missing them so much. All of them. And the Nugget is growing so fast. I can’t stand the thought of her walking around and my not seeing it. A more intelligent person would have put it off to build up the savings first, but screw it. It was making me too unhappy.
- Work is going well since I decided not to worry about being promoted. It’s been nice to sit back and sigh and do the work that’s assigned to me. And leave on time. My mind is clearer. I’m able to do my job better. Lather, rinse, repeat until this lesson sinks in.
- I’ve been drinking lemon water. A friend suggested it for my reflux. She said it really helps her. Since my insurance no longer pays for the script I was taking and I cannot afford to buy that much OTC meds, it thought it would have been a nice alternative. It’s actually working pretty well. I can still tell when I’ve been eating too much spicy, acidic foods, but I don’t wake up at night with my throat on fire. Plus I’m pushing the water which makes everything else work better.
- I found a new PCP doctor. He came recommended by a friend and gets good reviews online. So when I saw her Saturday I asked how long the wait was and she said she hardly ever waits more than 15 minutes. I haven’t made an appointment yet because I want to get my blood work on file first. Then make the appointment. Then do the insurance company thing.
Who knows, maybe this weekend we’ll even make it to the dog park. Bobo would really like that.